Since 2010, The Rockefeller Foundation has been working to address energy poverty. With a commitment of USD 75 million, Rockefeller’ Smart Power for Rural Development Initiative (SPRD) aims to promote sustainable business models that deliver electricity and Spur economic development amongst the underserved rural populations. The implementation of the SPRD program is done through Smart Power India (SPI), a Rockefeller incubated entity and wholly owned subsidiary.
About Smart Power India
Smart Power India (SPI) has been established by The Rockefeller Foundation to implement the Smart Power for Rural Development (SPRD) program. SPI currently works as a key partner to ESCOs, private sector, investors, NGOs and the Indian Government to reach the collective goal of bringing electricity to underserved villages in India.
In light of Indian Government recent push for Power for All by December 2018 through multiple schemes like DDUGJY and ‘Saubhagya’, SPI is looking to leverage the infrastructure created by the Government and evaluate partnership opportunities with the government through franchisee models to enable large scale rural energy access on a sustainable basis. To help support the Indian government’s vision for Power for All, SPI is looking to partner with Indian government to resolve the major bottleneck in rural energy access –the issue of last mile distribution of electricity. SPI will be the driving force behind implementation and will work closely with a range of stakeholders critical to developing an eco-system needed to scale up the market.
Smart Power India is seeking a Communications Consultant based in Gurgaon, India. He/she would be responsible for providing external faced communications support to the organisation. The Communications support would be required to correspond with employees and external stakeholders to keep them informed of organisation developments. For external engagement the person would liaison with the PR agency and social media agency as and when indicated by the vertical head. Internally, the person would be responsible for coordinating with different departments and ensuring that employees are aware of changes and projects within the organisation. The position will report to the Associate Director, Communications and Advocacy.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Converting field learnings into inspiring case studies (sending questionnaires to the on-ground staff, collecting responses and drafting case studies)
- Support in ideation of campaigns in social media
- Creating video narratives in conjunction with the videographers
- Supporting the vertical with managing the organization’s online presence including its websites and other social media platforms
- Assisting with the development of documents, including publications, and communication materials and newsletters
- Editing and proofreading of materials
- Coordinating with external vendors
- Support in Contracting processes including for the Knowledge vertical
- Support in project management
- Maintaining a database of external stakeholders
- Maintaining a photo data base
Education & other required qualifications/experience:
- Strong creative visualisation skills set
- Strong organizational, communication (both speaking and writing skills), and interpersonal skills coupled with an experience of interacting with senior-level management across cross-cultural settings is a must
- 6-10 years of full time work experience in a multicultural setting
- A strong work ethic, (internal/external) customer orientation, focus on processes and results
- Proactive, service oriented, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize projects, while working in a fast-paced environment with shifting deadlines and priorities
- Ability to conceptualize and implement new processes
- Adaptable, flexible with an ability to work independently and proactively resolve issues
- Minimum Graduate. Master’s degree in Communications, PR or a formal education program in communications is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office product suite
- Strongly motivated to drive social impact and improve lives